Monday, May 30, 2011

Freedom


I was skimming my journal and came across this entry from about a year and a half ago. When I spend time with the Lord, I often go back to the times when I have felt closest to Him, enjoying his creation........

The rocks cry out for glory! There is freedom in the mountain, there is freedom in the climb. Something says, "push on." "Hit the ridge and keep on going." The path is sometimes difficult and the load is sometimes heavy but I must push on. I feel a burn in my legs and exhaustion creeps in. There is freedom in every step. The peak comes into view and begins to draw me like a magnet. Every step is a gift, essential but taken for granted. My breathing is heavy and my muscles burn but my mind stays focused, one step at a time. The climb is steep and the path sometimes unclear but there is a constant whisper that says, "follow me." There is freedom in the path, there is freedom in the whisper. The peak is deceiving, its tricks me and beats me down but I know the distance, I know the truth, my maps don't lie. The heavy breathing dissipates and the load becomes light. With summit under foot, I look up to hear His voice gently say,
"I AM," followed by the cry of creation that says, "all glory and praise to my maker."I am free when I am close to you.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Harrison. I am so thankful for the measure of faith He has given you and the spirit of adventure with which to know more and more of His heart with every day you live. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete