Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Life and Truth



"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?"
Romans 10:14

The Gospel can be told using the most basic words and still manage to cut to the very root of a person. It is the most beautiful and life changing message on earth! I have had the opportunity to share the gospel a few times this week and remembered how simple words can bring Life! One of my friends shared his conviction with me after church on Sunday. He was convicted of the sin in his life and didn't know how to express it. Gus looked at me after church and said, "I feel sad." Later that day I took him out to follow through on a promise I had made him to teach him how to drive stick shift and I asked him what he meant in church. This it what he said, "I feel bad when I go to church because I sometimes fight people and do other bad things that I know I shouldn't do. And I just wonder, when am I going to change?" In that moment I was able to share the Gospel of grace with Gus. I simply told him that we will always mess up but God loves us and the beauty of what Jesus did 2000 years ago is that God forgives us of everything we have done and He will continue to forgive us for the rest of our lives. All we have to do is believe that and Love Him. A part of loving Him is doing what you know you should do, so even though God forgives us, we can't do as we please. We must try our best to honor God and do what He wants us to do. Gus is a soft spoken 18 year old guy who I have been building a relationship with for about a year now. He spends a lot of time thinking and is very careful with his words so when he says things like that, it is not taken lightly. The Lord is after his heart and I believe Gus is a lot closer to redemption that he realizes. Please pray for Gus! Keep your eyes open throughout your day for opportunities to share the love of Christ through words and actions. We must open our mouths and share the truth! This is our call.

No comments:

Post a Comment