Monday, May 30, 2011

Out of Order

So I was sick for 3 weeks here on the island which was no fun. I went to the doctor twice, each visit took over 4 hours, they put me on malaria medication which I took for 5 days and didn't get better and after many calls from my mom, my dad, and Kendall who love me and care for me so well, I got a plane ticket home to go to a doctor in the States. Turns out I have Mono which blows but its better than something serious, so I am counting my blessings. I have been doing my best to lay low and rest but that is probably the hardest thing in the world for me to do. I have been able to look at the positive in all of this as well though, right before I went home I had been struggling for about 2 weeks emotionally spiritually and obviously physically so I take the trip home as a gift from the Lord. Kendall is no longer here on the island so it was so good to be refreshed by my family and the woman I love. I have been back here now for about 4 days and I feel mentally and spiritually refreshed, I am trying to finish the year strong or at least as strong as I can. I felt great the past two days and pushed it pretty hard taking 8 kids from French Harbour to play a soccer game VS. the local orphanage, going to school, building a few things, and catching up with people then this afternoon I hit a wall and fell asleep for 3 1/2 hours, it was so good. I still feel pretty good and I think I am on the tail end of this sickness so if you think about it please keep me in your prayers, I have a lot on my mind and heart to do before I leave and I only have 1.5 weeks.

On another note, I am super excited for my wedding and am learning so much about Kendall, myself and the Lord through this engagement process. Its amazing how much you can learn about the Lord through a relationship with another person. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment