Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hands off



"It is good to give thanks to the lord and to sing praises to your name, O Most High; To declare your loving kindness in the morning and your faithfulness by night." Psalm 92:1-2

God is blessing every part of this journey to Honduras. I had no idea what to expect when I decided to raise some money for PE equipment. God laid it on my heart to simply ask, so I did. I wrote a support letter and sent about 20 out. It has been about a week and a half and already there are ten supporters and boxes of basketballs and soccer balls sitting in my living room. I ordered 9 brand new Umbro soccer balls and still need to order some nets, volleyballs, frisbee's and hockey sticks. It is so encouraging to see the way god has laid it on so many folks hearts to get behind the work he is allowing me to be a part of in Honduras. For the first time in a while I feel like I am in a place where God has complete control. My hands are off the wheel and he has led me exactly where He wants me to be. It is a great feeling to know that He is ultimately in control and will always lead us as long as we let go. The fund raising has been in his hands and still is. These students are going to be so excited and blessed by this new equipment and hopefully about having a real PE teacher. Everything that has been and that will be given is appreciated more than I can express. These kids are going to flip out at the sight of brand new soccer and basketballs. I praise the lord for everything he is doing and what He is going to continue to do.

"For you, O Lord, have made me glad by what you have done, I will sing for joy at the works of your hands." Psalm 92: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment