Sunday, September 2, 2012

Little a this Little a that

Krusteaz, eat your heart out!

Kendall and I ventured into the realm of gluten free eating about 6 months ago and have experienced multiple failures with scattered successes in our attempts at making alternative bread product.  If you search the web for how to make gluten free anything, you will find thousands of recipes and about 2 that actually taste decent.  I decided after a few attempts that I can just make due without bread.  But one thing that I could not give up on is pancakes and waffles.  If any of you know me well, you know that pancakes are an essential part of my diet.  Therefore it has become my mission to make quality gluten free pancakes.  

Although we have recently given up the gluten free diet, I have not abandoned my quest for the perfect gluten free pancake.  I am proud to say that today I believe I have have gotten a little closer that point.  The following is by far the best gluten free pancake/waffle recipe I have partaken of to date.  

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
1/4 cup of amaranth flour or sorghum flour
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla
3 tablespoons of sugar
some cinnamon
add milk until you get the correct pancake consistency

Directions: 

Add it all together and mix in the milk to the correct pancake or waffle consistency (not too runny, not too thick)

Spice it up: 
You can add bananas, chocolate chips or pecans for an even more satisfying experience.  

It is pivotal that you use Maple Syrup while enjoying these pancakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment