Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Have Everything

I met a homeless man on the street yesterday who opened my eyes to the world before me. Curtis saw that I was out of place as I walked through West Greenville yesterday and prayed for God's presence to infiltrate that dark place. He approached me and pointed me in the direction of the homeless shelter office. I told him I was interested in serving but that I was simply praying for the neighborhood at the moment. We proceeded to talk for another 40 minutes or so and I was blown away by how the Lord spoke to me there on the street. This man truly is a saint of the Lord. He spoke truths over me and shared pieces of his testimony. My eyes were opened to the Witchcraft that saturates that neighborhood and I was warned to walk lightly as I immerse myself in that environment. I was instructed to wait on the Lords direction, to follow the path he leads me on and to fear no evil when God goes before me. Curtis stood there in the street with me for almost an hour ministering to me and welcoming me to the front lines of battle against the darkness that saturates the streets of West Greenville. Curtis is the janitor of a local church and a passionate follower of Christ. He lives in a tent in the woods with nothing but a sleeping bag and a gas stove top for cooking. As I began to tell him I would pray for God to give him what he needs, Curtis interrupted me. He said, "Brother, as long as I have Jesus, I have everything." Curtis is poor by our standards but rich in the kingdom, he is on the front lines fighting for the kingdom as a light in the darkness. I want to stand beside him.

No comments:

Post a Comment