Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gracias a Dios

This is an exerpt from my journal on the night I flew back to the states in June, I pray that God will touch your heart the way that he has touched mine:

6/16/10
Lele, 16yr. old boy who is deaf and mute
Richie- 12yr. old boy, special need (maybe autistic)
Travis and Pablo- 13yr old and cannot read

"I feel like I am being drawn to not only the disadvantaged but the disabled. Lele (deaf and mute) wants to learn to read, Richie wants to write his name, Travis wants to read and no one else is going to do it. God equip me, equip us! Again I say I will go wherever you send me and do what you want me to do. You may have to hit me over the head with it but I will go. Thank you for going before me. Jesus came for those who were sick, he came to bring peace and the sword, He came so that we may have life to the full. He came to give prostitutes, thieves and fishermen a chance. Jesus helped people out of the dirt. God help me to follow his example. I don't know why I was born into a middle class white family and Richie was into the drug infested slums of Roatan. I don't know why Judas was the one to betray Jesus. I don't know if God chooses who receives salvation and who doesn't. I can't answer these questions, but I know that Jesus never turned anyone away. He loved and offered himself to Anyone who came accross his path. Lord I cannot stop the tears right now. My heart is broken for those boys in Roatan. I have no idea what your plan is or where you are going to take us. They need role models, they need education, they need food, they need safety and they need love. You brought them into my life and I am depending on you to walk us through this. Every step, Poco a Poco. God, you love Richie, Pablo, Memphi, Bebe, Travis, Tommy, Jarvick, Ken, Gus, the donut girls, Lele, they are your children. Bare with me in my frustration and anger God. I hate their situations, I hate the darkness and sin around them. Bring Freedom! God please."



God is doing some amazing things on the island and I am honored to be a part of it. I am nothing special and in all honesty I feel like I fell way short of what God called me to this past year but I walk in His grace just like you. I cannot wait to see the ways God moves this year. Please join me in prayer, you are at the front lines of the battle when you come before God. "The prayers of the righteous are heard," thank you. If you would like to support in the purchase of more sports equipment, school uniforms, food and other miscellaneous costs that come with serving on the island you can send a check to the below address. I am blessed to be supported by the school so any money that comes my way goes directly to projects on the island. Thank you and Much love

- Harrison
rhjohnson44@gmail.com

Harrison Johnson
4321 Poplar Creek ln.
High Point, NC 27265

No comments:

Post a Comment