Sunday, August 15, 2010

Community

The summer is coming to an end and I am preparing to head back to the island (home). Many things have taken place this summer including a lot of amazing experiences with the Lord. He has revealed himself to me in ways that I never would have imagined and I have seen him moving in the lives of people all around me. It has been an honor and a blessing to be around this. If you would like any details or just some testimony of how great God is, shoot me an email. I am enjoying my last two weeks here in the states and really trying to soak up some quality time with friends and family before I go back to the island for God only knows how long. This year is going to be completely different than last year and I cannot wait to see the ways God is going to move. When I decided to stay another year, God gave me comfort in knowing that he was going to build great community and fellowship on the island. God has led some amazing people down to work in the school and at other places on the island, I am so excited about this community that is already chasing Gods heart. Orientation has already started with the new teachers in Roatan and I got this email from out principle tonight,
"Hey Harrison!!!
Boy you have missed some amazing devotional time with the new staff!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS BEEN POWERFUL!!! It´s like you can breathe God in when we get together to sing and pray. Can´t wait to have you here with us."

2 comments:

  1. This moves me deeply. I am giving Him tremendous praise right now. Harrison- thank you for sharing this. I am so so STOKED for what the Lord is going to do amongst you all and through you all this year!!!!!

    "Look at the nations and watch- and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5

    "Since we ARE RECEIVING a kingdom that is UNSHAKABLE, let us give Him thanks, worshipping Him with reverence and in awe, for our God is indeed a consuming fire!!" Hebrews 12:28-29

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is powerful brother! I love that God is already bringing the new teachers together like that. What a blessing

    ReplyDelete