Thursday, August 20, 2009

Nap time

Today was the first day of school. It was only a half day but I am already dead tired, this teaching thing is no joke. I had 5 classes of elementary school PE and 7th grade bible class. the kids were great and thankfully most of them speak english. We went through all of our warm up drills and played some soccer. It was a great first day. The 7th graders are a little shy but they will come around. Tonight I am going to a spanish Church of God foot washing youth service with some friends but I haven't visited one of the english speaking churches yet. It is very crazy how many churches are on the island but there is very little outreach. A Wendy's opened up about a mile from our apartments this week which is the big excitement in our area of the island. I have already been twice and thoroughly enjoyed my number 6, spicy chicken. Here are a few pictures of the past 2 weeks. We went to the beach on the other side of the island last weekend with the other teachers. the first picture is the apartments for all the american teachers and the others are from the beach.

8 comments:

  1. Coach,

    I believe that I now have a Google Account set up. I'm not quite sure what that means, but we'll see.

    God Bless You,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. H,
    As always you are awesome and participating in a great adventure. Please stay safe and have fun!

    God Bless...............c

    ReplyDelete
  3. the number 6 is the only way to go! i love it man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man, a shout out from the other side of the hallway... yea for living in "Los Fuertes," Roatan, Honduras. Enjoy Pizza Inn and we'll catch you later.

    paz,
    Eric
    edrew85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you buddy! I want to come visit! Jack says hello. Send Nanny a note, it's her birthday. Happy birthday to you tomorrow. I love you so much and I am praying for you hug the kids for me.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy b-day from everybody at the lake!
    God Bless and have a terrific day.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday I love you!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Ron Sink... friend/frat brother of your Dad. I met you several years ago at a high school track meet and have kept up with you through Roland. Congratulations on your marathon finish earlier this year.... that is quite a feat. I admire the work you're doing and I am enjoying your blog... Godspeed to you and yours. I wish you all the best!

    Ron Sink

    ReplyDelete