Monday, September 26, 2011

The day the Lord has made

Today is beautiful. I woke up with my amazing wife dragging me out of bed at 6:00 to go to the gym. Kendall is teaching a yoga classes at the local gym now so it forces me to get up and go get some exercise as well. I did the yoga class once and I decided I am going to stick to the weight room for now, my legs were killing me. After the workout, we came back to the house, cooked breakfast, made coffee and started the day. Lizzy, our dog, has been sick so we took her to the vet to get some antibiotics and also to get her rabies shot so that she has what she needs for us to bring her back to the States. She was terrified in the vet's office and knocked my coffee on the floor, fail. I think that was God telling me I didn't need that third cup.

After the vet, we went to the cell phone store because our internet connection hasn't been working. We waited in three different lines for someone to finally tell us there was nothing they could do to help us. The greatest thing this country has taught me is patience. You don't understand inefficient until you live in Central America.

Following the internet issue we went back to the gym. No we are not obsessed with exercise but Kendall and I have decided to be each others personal trainers and today was my day to train her. We worked out for another 45 min. or so and then I went to meet up with some of the kids from French Harbour. One of the boys has recently gotten a job and he told me he was going to use part of his pay check to buy trash bags so that we could all go pick up trash in their community and around the church. He said he believed that if he used his pay check to do something good like this that God would provide more. So today we picked up trash.

It was some nasty trash but with the four of us and an hour or so we filled up 3 big black bags full. We only covered the church and about 100yds of street but that was enough for today. The other kids saw us and were asking when they get to do the same so I think some more trash days are on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment