Tuesday, June 1, 2010

52 pick up

So I have been suffering a little writers block but here is a little catch up on my last couple of months here. Hopefully I will be able to write something with a little more depth later on.
I went to a good friend, Roberto's Wedding:


We celebrated cultural day at school. It was a big ordeal but really fun to watch. All the families came, the kids dressed up and we ate traditional island and Honduran food.



I have been swimming a lot, running has been rough on my feet and knees so this has been my outlet.


Went rafting (class 4/5 rapids) and spent the weekend at the Jungle River Lodge in La Ceiba. Very fun and relaxing.



Cleaned up trash from the ocean with the seniors. It was a early morning on a Saturday but a lot of fun. We collected 3 bags of trash; beer bottles, bags, and wrappers.


This is my last week of classes, next week we have exams (no PE or Bible exams this quarter), and I will be headed back to the states on June 16th. I will be home for 2 months then headed back here at the end of August. There are a lot of good things that have been happening and that God is allowing me to be a part of. I have started to get to a guy named Hobie on the island who works with drug addicts and people on the streets. He gets to know them and connects them with a group on the mainland called Teen Challenge. Also the boys have been coming over on time to work on their reading and it seems like every time they come over, there is a new one, haha. There are 7 or 8 now who come over once or twice a week now. I love getting to know these kids and am so excited about whatever plans God has for these relationships. We finished out the year with a few soccer and Volleyball games with one of the rival schools and went undefeated in everything. The elementary boys won twice and the girls volleyball won their match as well. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment