Friday, January 8, 2010

I got a minute


The 2nd quarter is coming to an end. Exams are next week so I have been making a test that consists of questions like: How many players are on a basketball team? and How do you hold a hockey stick? While the students stress out about my ridiculously hard PE final, I have also been creating their final for bible class. They will be writing me and essay that tells their life story. They can tell me as much or as little as they want. There are some guiding questions that have to be asked but the depth to which they go with it is up to them. In order to give them some clarification on what I expect, I have been sharing my story with each class this week. This story includes a great family, a roller coaster of emotions and drama with friends, some empty fulfillment with weed and alcohol, and the ultimate redemption of Christ and his work in my life. Its been really encouraging to see how attentive they have been as I have shared and to see excitement from many of them as they start to write their own stories. I am excited to read what they have to say. That is a quick update on my first week back to the island. I'm going to go now because the sun is out for the first time since I have been back. Much love!

1 comment:

  1. what a glorious redemption it is through Christ! Amen brother. Love ya man!!

    ReplyDelete